The most important part of your ad content is the headline. A weak headline can make or break a campaign and leave you searching for pennies under your couch. The majority of people will just read the headline and your display URL, so unless your headline captures the user/surfer, your ads will never get clicked on.
Click Thru Rate (CTR) is one of the determining factors to your quality score. Writing the best and most relevant ad copy to achieve a higher click thru is essential. The most important part of writing a great ad is the headline.
Here are six things that will make your ad(s) better:
- Ask questions. For instance, you can say,”Want to see the latest homes on the market?“.
- You can also offer instructions. “Search Homes by Zip code” or “Click, Scroll & Save Home Searches”.
- The power of using “How To”. The keyword: “How To” sparks curiosity and works much better than using the word “Learn”.
- Divulge information. Claim something that only you know, such as real estate news in your specific area. People will notice this, especially if they want to learn more about what you claim to know.
- The three dots. “Search Homes Today …” It works so well because it tells people that there is more information waiting behind the ad.
- The power of the word “Secret”. Using the word “Secret(s)” can boost your CTR +200%! Just be sure to have the secret(s) on the other side.
If you’d like more tips on writing better ads, please feel to comment or send us an email.